- A contoured backrest will give your back the comfort and support it needs. Pick a chair shaped to match the natural contour of your spine.
- Global offers backrests that are height adjustable, providing your back with customized comfort and support.
- Don't go too soft. For total comfort, seat and back foam must be dense enough to support your weight evenly and it should be sculpted to fit the human form.
- Look for "waterfall" seat cushions that slope down at the front of the chair. This important ergonomic feature helps improve circulation to your lower legs.
- Rest your arms. Armrests help keep your arms in a comfortable position, reducing shoulder, neck and back strain. Global's height/tilt adjustable models are especially good. Ask about the new MAXsupport arm.
- The pneumatic height adjustment on a Global chair lets you alter your seating position throughout the day with a smooth, easy, one-touch action.
- Please remain seated. Make sure all adjustment controls can be reached from a seated position. Keep moving. Multi-tilt and operator mechanisms are important for data entry or computer work. They let you vary your position while maintaining maximum support.
- Good chairs have casters for easy mobility. Be sure to get the right kind for your floor. Choose a chair with a choice of casters designed for carpets, hard surfaces or a combination.